The first thing people asking is that when is iOS7 releasing. Currently no one knows the exact date when the latest version of iOS would drop in the market. John Gruber believes that the new operating system iOS7 might be running behind its actual date of release. The releasing date for it is in the months of September or October.
With WWDC just few short months away we are starting to hear many leaks about iOS7. The latest one is that the latest version of iPhone and iPad software might face a delay. The apparent reason of it might be the new head John is making a massive change in the development of the software
What will it feature?
It is rumoured that the software would come as a relief for many Users. A more efficient synergy between the software and hardware design is something that Apple is aiming to achieve from it.
Here are some of the things expected to be feature in the upcoming OS:
1. Fingerprint Recognition is to be featured in the upcoming iPhone models. iOS7 will provide software support on how to control a device without the hardware buttons.
2. Multiple User: There may be a support for multiple user accounts. Where a family would get a privilege to share an iPad as a whole just as a PC is shared by multiple users.
3. Control Panel: Many changes are expected to be seen in the platforms control panel system for instance adding gesture based menu to the home screen.
4. Flatter and less realistic: It will be flatter and less realistic meaning that the Calendar app won’t look like the calendar and the Newsstand app will not feature anything realistic shelves.
5. Widgets: Widgets are the one Apple users have been asking for a long time and finally the time has come when the new software would be supporting the widgets.
6. Mobile traffic: Apparently iOS7 is already used by some of the iPhones and iPads. Mobile traffic coming from the new version of OS is spiking in the business. However the consumer release of it is expected to have a long delay.
The less realistic look might be a shocker for Apple loving Users. Everyone well witnessed the criticism Facebook faced when the layout and the look of Facebook was changed.
Things Users want to see:
Here are some of the features that the User wants to see when the software would be hitting this October:
1. Choose Default apps: Though Safari is an excellent Apple’s Engine that gives a fast Web browsing yet there are people who would choose to use Chrome, Mozilla or Opera. People might love to use a third party calendar app, memo app and many other apps. But Apple means that they can’t. It would be great if Apple lets its User to choose what they want to use in their mobile phone.
2. Delete/ Hide some Apple Apps: There are certain junk Apple Apps which we can’t get rid off. Those includes like – Compass, Passbook, Voice Memos and many others. But is it too much to ask the Apple to hide or permanently delete those apps that are not used by it Users?
3. AirDrop: For ages it has been witnessed that the Users are literally begging for these particular app. The app lets Users share content between computers by simply drag and drop method. The particular app is simply awesome and is easy to use. It would work superb on iPhone or iPad.
4. Powering Do not Disturb: Sometimes it is really frustrating if we get woke up by the marketing efforts in the middle of the night. Do not Disturb is that great feature which enables our phone to stop bugging us for a fixed interval of time.
5. New Look: Its time for a shake up. It would be nice if Apple makes some of its icons dynamic. The lock screen of Apple is too minimal which should be taken care of.
From the business point of view the delay in the software is good for the company’s PR. It keeps the company’s stock prise high. It is also being perceived that iOS7 will be a big deal in the upcoming future. It is expected that it adds some fresh elements as well as new features for both its customers and developers. Let’s hope and pray together that Apple is much serious about making the best looking and most functional software iOS7.